PDA

View Full Version : how to make an explorer image link to picture editor??

drjags
05 Feb 2008, 01:28 PM
I am a newbie. I would appreciate if you could help me on this.
When I click on the thumbnail a image opens in the new window. I want to open the image in a photoshop directly.
Thanks for looking !

Alan
05 Feb 2008, 01:44 PM
Right click on the file and scroll down to "Open With", if the program you want is in the list that appears, click it otherwise go to "Choose Default Program...".

You will now see a list of recommended programs and other programs. Look through the list and if it is there click it otherwise click the browse button on the right.

You will have to search through your computer. You will be looking for the ".exe" of the program. For example, if you are trying to open it in photoshop (and the default install path was used), go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop\Photoshop.exe (or something to that effect). Once located again, use that right index finger of yours and click it. That should bring the program you just selected into the other programs list.

Now there is also an option to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". If this option is checked, you won't have to go through this program selection process every time. Once that is completed, click "ok" and your file should open in your newly selected program.

---

Alternatively, you could open up your program (Photoshop) and just open the file from there.

Best of luck.