PDA

View Full Version : Band webpage design, need opinions/help

abjectevolution
09 Feb 2008, 01:46 PM
Last year I took intro to Dreamweaver, and this year I am taking Flash, Flash Intermediate, Dreamweaver Intermediate, and Illlustrator. With these new tools, I am wanting to design a profesional, unique, and animated webpage for my band. Here is what I am thinking.

I want to take this image http://www.myopicmecca.com/intro/Eyesclean.gif as the backbone of my page. I want the page to start out black, and then I want the blind eye image to fade in. Once it is completely opaque, I want it to start to slowly spin. As this happens, I want image links to start to appear around the circle. Not comformed to it, but horizontal text images that surround the eye image. I want the eye image to continue spinning.

When you click on the link, I want the links to all disapear, and I want the eye image to expand. I want it to get much larger, become transparent enough to where you can barely see it against the black background, and I want a box to appear with all the info contained that pertains to the link.

I'm trying to think of a way that someone can go back to the main menu from one of the link's menus. Any ideas?

Also, somewhere on this page... I want a small custom designed audio player. I want it to be very simple.. black and white. A play button, pause button, next and previous buttons, a volume button, and a slider maybe to skip through the currenty playing song. I want this player to be visable no matter where you are on the page, so that the songs constantly play and don't start and stop when you go to different sections of the webpage.

In our live section that has show dates, I want people to be able to press a link to submit a review of that particular show. Once posted, I would like anyone to be able to click a link and read all of the reviews.

Lastly, I want to talk about the forum. We currently have a phpbb forum, but we have had to make it private and disable account activation. Why? Because we get like 10 spammers a day that sign up and post spam. I have tried adding all kinds of anti-spam crap to the forum files, but I haven't found a single thing that works. If I can't figure out how to fix this so that we can open up the forum again to the outside world, then I am willing to spend a small ammount of money on some better forum software that is very customizable. Any comments/ideas on this?

I think that about covers it. What I want to know is, what tools do I need to use to create something like this? Should I create the entire page with Flash? I don't even know if that is possible, as I haven't even completed my first Flash class.

Thanks,
DM

Wickham
10 Feb 2008, 01:08 AM
It's too complicated for me. You should have posted on the Flash board (Web Graphics and Multimedia), lower down the homepage.