PDA

View Full Version : Saving Files to disk that have been uploaded using Fetch...How?

Shineylewis
18 Feb 2008, 01:32 PM
Hi,
I have a website for my business. Someone started it for me, and now I am in control of adding/updating content. I have very little experience. I would like to save all the files that have been uploaded via ftp, using Fetch (on a Mac). I need advice on how to do this. Currently, I do not have the majority of the web content saved on my hard drive, or disks. I am very nervous about not having these files, incase I need to re-do the entire site, for some unforseen, godawful reason. I see that I can 'Get' my Images using Fetch...which I think will put them back onto my computer, so I can save them, but will that take all my images off my site until I 'Put' them back? I am reluctant to try that, until I know for sure the correct way to do it. The same goes for the other text files.
Thank you for any advice!
Regina

Wickham
18 Feb 2008, 01:45 PM
If you have IE7 on another computer you can use the inbuilt FTP program to login to your host's server and copy them down to a cd and then on to your computer. It works to upload or download.
See
http://www.wickham43.supanet.com/tutorial/generaladvice.html#hosting

I don't know "Fetch" but I expect you can copy them for download without removing them.