PDA

View Full Version : Need help, looking for a custom web application for online teamsport apparel

danka21819
20 Feb 2008, 07:53 AM
Hi I am a web designer and developer with beginners knowledge as a developer. I am seeking assistance in finding the best solution for a web application to customize teamsport apparel online, where the end user can change colors of the vector image designs, such as the color of the garment and the color of the trim etc. and then save it as a file such as a pdf to there desktop. In addition, I do not know if it possible to add a CMS feature to this as well so that the company can upload style templates to automatically be able ot customize online for the end users.
I thank you in advance fo rany advise or guidance on how this can be done or can be done.

Much Appreciated,

Danka

DojoMojo
20 Feb 2008, 03:31 PM
This can certainly be done with Flash as a custom application. I am not sure if anything like this already exists though.

In Flash you could make the individual pieces and allow it compose the images for you. The admin you would need built for this take some time to build, and would be custom to you, as you would need to have an area to input colors and pieces, and likely display locations for shirt pieces.

So its possible, but I for one am not sure exactly where you can go to get it built, unless you went to elance.com - or something similar. You could at least get an idea on what kind of costs you would be looking at. They have a lot of off-shore contacts in there that do things relatively cheap.

Then again, there just may be something already built that does this very thing for you.