PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Add Community News

rsaw3rd
22 Feb 2008, 06:39 AM
HI,
Need some suggestions, I have contacted the public information officers of the local Law enforcement agencies and I want to add Local News Happenings to the site www.rceno.com We have been successful with the Local events section This just seemed the logical transition for us to grow as a community site.

What type of system do you recommend..... I really don't want to go with a full blown CMS system (yet) as I like the layout of the site and the site viewers have become accoustomed to it, but I like the way a database works with entering in info and then displaying headlines and then clicking on links will bring up whole story, but I don't know how to accomplish this with out using a full blown CMS like php-nuke which is offered by the hosting service I am using.

Please point me in the right direction to add articles and then have them retrieved and displayed whern clicked and be kept so past articles can be searched........ Hope I'm not rambling or asking too much....

Also, I think this may help stremline the site, because I will be able to use the same system for the event information and have a consentent look to the site.......

I am trying cutenews at this moment, but I am having some issues on getting the page design right. the test page is www.rceno.com/newstest.shtml

Thanks

Roy