PDA

View Full Version : Product Search Script? (like in Walmart product search, not like Google site search)

pap74
23 Feb 2008, 07:23 PM
Hello friends,

Are there any scripts to search for products on my site and return a page with the products that match the search? I do not want the search return to be page links. I want it to return a page with the actual searched products shown. Are there any free scripts available for this function? If not, can you show me an example on how to write such a script?

To help you understand what I am talking about, if you go search for a television on Walmart search, it returns a page with all the tvs on a single page.

Please help. I have been searching for a couple of hours without any success.

Thanks.

alvo
23 Feb 2008, 11:03 PM
I'm assuming that since these are products that are being returned that you're selling stuff, and if that's the case then you're looking for a "shopping cart" script with a search function built in (which any good script of that type will have). There are free and commercial scripts for this. Look at http://hotscripts.com for what's available. Even if you don't want to offer things for sale or use the ecommerce functions of the script you could always just utilize the search function and disregard the rest of the script.