PDA

View Full Version : i want to make this website but im newbie

vegeta9000
03 Mar 2008, 04:15 PM
the hardest part of making the website will be getting the database to work

people will be able to make an account on the website only by entering their credit card info through paypal or something. when the account is made, it charges their card 5 dollars and the account is active for 1 month until they go back to paypal and pay another 5 dollars for the account

i dont know if paypal has some kind of auto monthly billing option, or something like that

i want to give people the option of using paypal to pay (if they dont trust my site) or just putting the credit card into my site.

and if anyone wants to cancel their accounts it would be very easy... just cancel and the billing stops... but i dont know how to make websites duh i want to learn lol. maybe pay someone to do it

then with the active account people can download the files from the website, but only one IP can be downloading one file at a time per account so if someone shares his account he wont be able to download if someone else is using his account. and i'll set the download speed to 70kb/sec for each account or something.

and people will be warned of this while creating their account so they share at their own risk

hmmmmmmmm

and thats about it. the media and graphics and visual design that im going to be putting on the website lol i can take care of that

im just wondering about the database part... managing the accounts... etc... is that hard to set that up?

paulkoan
03 Mar 2008, 04:42 PM
How about this:

1) Install Joomla
2) Account Expiration Control extension (http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,1367/Itemid,35/)

This way, all the database stuff is done for you, and AEC provides the registration and payment functionality and controls access to downloads.

This way you do not need to keep track of IP addresses, as you customers will login to download.

Yes, paypal supports subscription.