PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Top Div margin wont go away in FireFox :(

DesignQuote.Net
08 Mar 2008, 02:47 PM
Ive done this a million times and I cant find the problem

works fine in IE but in firefox there is a margin on my top div between the top header div and the content div.

Can't seem to make it go away

http://www.customwebdesignbids.com/

site validates in CSS and HTML 4 so the code seems correct

all body and divs have margin 0 ;or margin 0 auto;

this is probably some obvious error that I can't see cause im too close to the code?

can anyone help me out here?

heres the CSS file:

Body,P {font-family:georgia; font-size:14px;}

Body { background:#99cccc; margin:0 auto; background-image:url(/images/background_web_design_tile.png); background-repeat: repeat-x; text-align:center;}
h1 {font-size:42px; margin:0;}
.alt { visibility:hidden; }

image {border:0; }
.img {border:0; }

A {color:#0000FF;}

.headdiv { width:800px;height:114px;text-align:center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; background-image:url(/images/maindiv_custom_web_design.png); color:#ffffff; border:0; background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position:top center;}

.maindiv { width:830px;text-align:left;background-image:url(/images/content_tile.png); margin: 0 auto;}

.footdiv { width:100%;height:400px;text-align:center;background:#006699;padding:20px;color:#ffffff; margin: 0 auto; }

.footlink {color:#ffffff;}
.divinput {display: inline; float: left; width: 300px; font-size: 12px; border:0;}
.content_pad {padding-left:40px;padding-right:50px;padding:top:10px;padding-bottom:10px;}

Thanks

note: By removing the H1 margin I got the top dic to go flush to the top of the screen, but the main content div still ownt go flush top to the heder div leaving a gap between the two divs - grrrr

DesignQuote.Net
08 Mar 2008, 04:30 PM
Ok nevermind - it was the h2 default margin in the content div - once i set h2 {margin-top:0; it fixed it. :P