PDA

View Full Version : Any help with redirect after opt-in?

Woody60
13 Mar 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm designing a form in XSitePro. The page in question has an opt-in form, that on completion goes to an autoresponder site for double opt-in.
What I need to do is, once the submit button is clicked, for the user to be straight away directed to another page on my site as well as allow the details to be submitted to the autorepsonder.
Is there an easy way to do that?
Heep would be apprecaited - have spent hours trying to find an answer.

agoailam
13 Mar 2008, 02:13 PM
You will need to implement some code. Most likely you would use Javascript, ASP or PHP as these are probably the easiest languages to get documentation for. For ASP or PHP, your web host will have to have either of these server technologies enabled.

My advice is check w/ your host & see what it is set up to support. Then you'll know the language to use to program the redirect. Search online & I bet you could find something you could customize for your purposes. Or... Dreamweaver will pretty much write the code for you once its configured to operate with the appropriate server tech. on your site.

Also, the hosting providers I use provide form redirect and mailers that you can copy & paste into your applications.