PDA

View Full Version : insert wrong directory for images???

chueh
16 Mar 2008, 08:34 PM
I have targeted the wrong directory for my images. For example, my domain is chueh.com. I uploaded all the images under chueh.com. They all show up without any problems. Let's use house.jpg as one of the pictures. I inserted house.jpg again under "living" subdirectory (chueh.com/living/house.jpg)..............Here comes the problem..

I tried both img src="www.chueh.com/living/house.jpg" and img src="house.jpg" as code in the page. Neither of them works......I could upload all the images again under the subdirectory "living," and img src="house.jpg" will definitely work. However, not only does it sound stupid and redundant, but also occupies extra spcae. What can I solve the problem? Thanks

Wickham
17 Mar 2008, 02:30 AM
img src="www.chueh.com/living/house.jpg" is not a good idea, there's no need to use an external url.

It's probably best to get it right now by moving all the images to the living directory and deleting them from the root directory chueh.com.

This means that you will have to change all the links in the html code from img src="house.jpg" to img src="living/house.jpg". It will be a bit of work but it's best to do it.