PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

jwm0429
11 Apr 2008, 12:29 PM
First off, I have no real working knowledge of web design. I figure that there would be no better place to ask this beside a forum for web developers.

I work in the printing field, which we imprint customers logos on paring knife handles. We also do laser engraving on cutting boards, knife blades, etc.

I would like to have a website that would allow a customer to upload their logo, place the logo on an image of the product (as a virtual proof), click accept , and make a complete purchase transaction online. All the activity and virtual proofs would be reported to me via email, so that I may physically produce the order and ship it.

Is the virtual proof idea actually possible. I will be outsourcing the web design work, as I wouldn't know where to begin, but I wanted to find out if it was at all possible, before I made an idiot out of myself.

Thanks for all the help!

jeremywilken
11 Apr 2008, 03:01 PM
Its possible, just look at this which is somewhat similar: http://dyo.customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=ci&F=t which is a tshirt company that allows you to upload an image onto the shirt.

It is something fairly complex to achieve, but it definately possible. I wouldn't know how much it would cost, but I imagine it would be a significant investment.

Best wishes.