PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Glitches on my Website

Archangel
12 Apr 2008, 10:27 AM
Hi all, Firstly, my apologies if I am in the wrong Forum. I hope you can help me with a problem I have. I have made a website using Publisher 2003. It is basically 12 pages, with an embedded background jpeg picture of 182KB with a small gif pic of either 1 or 2KB, 2 text boxes, one with a page title, one with information, (various sizes, but very little text) and a navigation box vertically on left hand side. When I browse it with Mozilla Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.13) Gecko/20080311 Firefox/2.0.0.13), it opens and scrolls flawlessly. When I open it with Microsoft Internet Explorer (Version: 6.0.2800.1106 Cipher Strength: 128-bit Update Version: SP1) it is absolutely horrendous. The pages open Ok but there is a delay of about 1 second before the background picture loads, and a further delay of about 1 second before the gif loads. When scrolled, it kind of scrunges/concertinas and overlaps the screen display then takes about 1 second to 'refresh'. This happens when the site is opened, and on opening every page, even when you return to them. Any help/ideas appreciated. Thank you for reading.