PDA

View Full Version : Social networking site similar to hotornot.com

bb187
06 May 2008, 03:46 PM
I want to design a site similar to hotornot.com. I want to have premium as well as free memberships. Users will be able to make a profile, have a few pictures, select certain things about themselves, and be able to search other members by this criteria. No rating feature currently needs to be implemented. My question is what technologies would be the most appopriate to handle this type of site? I'm fairly new to programming (just a designer) so I think that I need to have php handle most of the requests (databases with the info stored (like their pics, preferences, etc). Is there anything else that would make this easier, like a shopping cart for social sites sort of? Any help is greatly appreciated.

SjulyN
10 Nov 2008, 05:08 AM
Check PG Social Networking Software http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/75973.html. They planned to have this feature for the next realease and now there are membership levels, payments and photo galleries with ratings. Similar to hot or not. And you can monitor your users, uploads and payments from admin and you do not need special knowledge to do it. Hope that will help!