PDA

View Full Version : Chinese encoding

veilz_side
12 May 2008, 02:27 AM
Hi everyone, im a newbie web developer and now im doing a chinese web using ms frontpage, im a bit confused with the chinese character encoding, at first i didn't pay attention that the frontpage by default set the character encoding to ISO encoding, and when i type chinese character, it displayed well in the page, but when i checked the code it displayed encoded character like " & #26381;& #21209; ", i've tried to change the charset encoding to BIG-5, but the software crashed, when i change it to UTF-8 it didn't crash , but nothing's change in the code, it still displayed those encoded characters, when i viewed the source code of other chinese web, the code displayed the chinese character well (not like mine did), can anyone help me how to solve this problem? im afraid that if i publish the website, the search engine robot won't read it as chinese character, or maybe it can? because when i previewed this post, those encoded characters became chinese letters, and i've just added space between & and # just to make sure you guys see it in encoded characters, thanks before!

veilz_side
12 May 2008, 03:15 AM
thanks, it solved, i uninstalled the english version frontpage and installed the chinese version, and set the encoding to Unicode UTF-8, it works fine :)