PDA

View Full Version : CSS, Divs, and ap Divs

Ben McPhee
22 May 2008, 03:13 PM
Hi guys, I'm building a webpage using a trial version of dreamweaver, and am having some problems with formatting and CSS.

I'm trying to build a thumbnail gallery, and managed to get it looking great in the design view, using the "class" selector (sorry for my terminology if that's wrong), by placing the thumbnails in an AP div, and using the "box" field to set appropriate margins.

But when previewed in internet explorer, the images appear up against the "container" div I specified, even though that puts them outside of the ap Div they are contained in.

I found a "solution" - To position the elements in the design view so that they displayed correctly in internet explorer, even though that meant that the left most thumbnail had a border of 100 instead of 50,

But to complicate things further, that setup displays incorrectly in both Safari and Firefox. (Images appear to far right, but at least identical in both programs).

I've also tried using regular divs, and no divs, with similar problems. In fact, often elements (including text) I position don't display as they should.

Can anyone tell me what is going on, and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance.