PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Help Needed, Probably Really Simple!!

tomw1
24 Jun 2008, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I've recently designed a website, which has been uploaded to the domain www.yeoldvillageclockshop.com. I created it in Microsoft Front Page, and within this package the website looks and works perfect on my pc. However, when it is accessed from other computers, usually ones with different screen resolutions or monitor sizes, the layout goes completely crazy, please do check it out for yourself! Text overlaps onto pictures and buttons get overlapped by pictures - it turns into a complete mess!

There is most probably a really simple solution to this, and would highly appreciate any help or assistance you may be able to offer. This site/business is being heavily marketed THIS FRIDAY (27th June 08) so really need to get it working perfect by then!!

Thanks in advanced for reading this and offering any assistance!

Wickham
24 Jun 2008, 09:33 AM
It looks as if you have saved as html from Microsoft Office; I've saved from Word and Excel but the resulting code is confusing to edit.

There are codes that I don't fully understand so unless someone else answers here I suggest you ask on another forum as well to get a second opinion.

I could do all the coding again without all the Office codes but it would take a long time.

Have you checked for errors here:-

http://validator.w3.org/

FrontPage is considered out of date now, Microsoft Expression Web has replaced it, or Dreamweaver by Adobe.