PDA

View Full Version : Help please! Catalog and web hosting

gnaya
26 Aug 2008, 07:28 PM
Hi,
I need to create a web site but I don't know too much programming and don't want to learn.
The web site will have the following features:
1. It has a catalog with 3 level down and have pictures and description for each item. We have totally around 60 products and need to update every few month and around 10 products each time.
2. I need to use web hosting company and we don't have a SQL server.
We don't want to use web design company to totally design the catalog because they charge too much to maintain and update products.
I try catalog software like catalogvx, it can not get the result that I want.
3. I would like Each product page will have the same top and left page as other web pages that I have already created.
4.Allow user to search product but no payment processing needed, at the last page they can summit a form with their information.
I know some web hosting can use MySQL but I don't know how to write mySQL.
5. I would like to have control the back end and easy to update to products.
If need to create few script files, I rather hire someone to do it.
Anybody can help? Thanks.

alvo
26 Aug 2008, 07:46 PM
We don't want to use web design company to totally design the catalog because they charge too much to maintain and update products. ...
A good designer can easily design a site that the client (you) can maintain. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to be locked into a design company for maintaining and updating the products. If a designer can't give control over to you, then they're not the designers you want working for you.