PDA

View Full Version : 301 Redirect Question

robertuva
16 Oct 2008, 10:32 AM
I am trying to make it so people don't ever see a forum index page (found at /boards/index.php) and would be redirected to another page instead (as in my case I have a separate page that acts as a better funnel to the forums than the forum index page). I thought using a 301 redirect would be best. The issue that I am running into is an infinite loop issue because I am not sure how to create 301 redirects for just the URL instance that doesn't have any parameters and not the ones that do. Here is a basic example of what I did:

redirect 301 /boards/index.php [ADDRESS BLOCK]?act=Online&CODE=listall&sort_key=click

In the URL address block it would be the /boards/index.php with the parameters following it.

This was obviously just a test. The problem is that now anything that has /boards/index.php in it (including all URLs with that with parameters at the end) keep redirecting, so in this case it would infinitely do it since the URL I redirect to has /boards/index.php in it.

Does anyone know how I can do a 301 redirect just on the actual forum index page found at index.php without redirecting any pages that use that file with parameters attached to it?