PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Moderators

David Bowley
18 Oct 2008, 12:54 PM
We don't really need any more moderators at WDF right now, but I'd still like to build up a team anyway just so we can throw around some ideas and have a core group of people who are actively working towards making WDF a better place.

I'm usually against these types of posts because of the i***ux of people who reply saying "ooo make me a mod" and they have 4 posts. However, recently I've noticed quite a few regulars on the board and I do think there could be some potential mods here.

Hopefully, I've sorted out the spam problem now so that most spam doesn't even appear on the boards, but is put into a queue to be looked at by mods, so deleting spam on the boards won't neccasrily be the main job of a moderator here.

Here's a list of a few things we'd like you to do as a modertor:

Check the moderation queue and approve/deny posts
Help to grow the community
Suggest ideas on how we could do things better
Help users on the forums

That's the general idea and I'm sure most of you know what being a moderator involves.

Now... we're looking for people who have more then 50 posts and who have proven themselves to be helpful and a general good sport on the forums.

Read this next line carefully....

If you do not have more than 50 posts, do not ask to become a moderator

I know that I'm going to get people doing it anyway, at least no one can fault me for trying. Alternatively you can PM me about it or if you want more information etc.

thewebsquad
07 Jan 2010, 02:26 PM
How many MODs are there>?

David Bowley
07 Jan 2010, 07:57 PM
How many MODs are there>?
4 last time I checked.

<CrGeary.com/>
17 Apr 2010, 06:44 AM
Are you still after a Mod?
No problem if your not. Im still going to be here anyway.

Just annoys me when I see people spamming the forum with stuff that isn't their work.

David Bowley
18 Apr 2010, 08:43 AM
Are you still after a Mod?
No problem if your not. Im still going to be here anyway.

Just annoys me when I see people spamming the forum with stuff that isn't their work.
Sent you a private message.

Asperon
17 May 2010, 01:24 PM
I would love to be a mod for WDF. If you don't need any right now, that's ok, I'll be around anyways. I originally signed up because I needed help with something, but I have always enjoyed helping others on forums. I am on often enough, though, I haven't passed that 14 day period of restrictions, so I can't post in the website critique section etc.

Just let me know!

-Asperon

David Bowley
20 May 2010, 08:45 AM
Hi Asperon, if you stick around then just maybe. PM me in a month or 2 if you're still around.

Asperon
20 May 2010, 12:15 PM
Alright, sounds good. I figured that I needed to be around longer before I could be a moderator.

_mm
10 Jun 2010, 08:24 PM
I guess Ill do the same as Asperon if its alright with you David. I think I'll be sticking around here. Ive been learning new things on here, and I think I can help other people on here as well.

datatech
12 Jun 2010, 02:48 AM
Hey Friends, :)

I am new with this forum can you please guide me about it..

Thanks.

crish
15 Jun 2010, 02:13 AM
Which type of guide you want dear?

Jason
15 Jun 2010, 02:54 AM
Hey Friends, :)

I am new with this forum can you please guide me about it..

Thanks.

Step 1: Have a question, query or something you would like to discus.
Step 2: Post Question in CORRECT forum.
Step 3: Wait for reponses and respond accordingly.

asdfghjkl
29 Jun 2010, 10:53 AM
I too interested same Asperon though I'm some week English. But what I know, hope enough and wish help others. Thanks

WebsiteHelp
07 Aug 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi Everyone, I am completely new to this forum and just learning the ropes. So I apologize if this post is located in the wrong place. However, I specialize in the development and design of Microsoft Office Live websites. I just helped a client with a webstarts website and need to know why his view of his website looks way different then my view. We are both using Mozilla Firefox browser and he is always claiming that the websites that I edit are all overlapping and distorted....Text unreadable ect...Can anyone take some time to help or give advice? I will wait for a response before including the url to the website because of the rule of no advertising. I highly appreciate any expert advice.

scorpionagency
04 Nov 2010, 08:33 PM
I've been a member since 2007, I normally stay rather busy with my normal work schedule / routine, however, if you guys need a little extra help occasionally I would be interested in moderating a little part time / as my schedule permits. I couldn't really make any solid commitments as to a scheduled shift here or anything, But figured I would offer at least a little help since I've been around a while and have grown attached to the place :)

Cancerkitty
05 Nov 2010, 06:08 AM
If you're still looking for mods, I'll throw my hat into the ring. I've been around a while, and tend to lurk more than I post. I think this site is an outstanding resource and would love to be a part of its continued development.

Pixel Eden
16 Feb 2011, 03:02 AM
Me too, I keep seeing spam on the forums and also a lot of wrongly located threads ie. posted in the wrong topic.

I've solved a few problems already but amd enjoying helping people again. However you probs wont want me as I've only just turned into an established member :S lol.

OneGoodMan25
01 Apr 2011, 11:29 PM
Since I am new to the forum and have few posts. I will come back later :D

MM-TrueVZ
16 May 2011, 03:22 PM
Just a question, how many mods does this forum actualy have atm?

scorpionagency
16 May 2011, 10:58 PM
Just a question, how many mods does this forum actualy have atm?
You can find the list of staff members here: http://www.webdevforums.com/showgroups.php

It appears there are 6 mod accounts and 4 Admin accounts (Total staff members = 10). Hope that helps :)

FSI
12 Sep 2011, 09:15 AM
Ive only just signed up. And the forum is absolutely rammed with spam :mad:

Asperon
13 Sep 2011, 10:20 AM
Yup, that's why I stopped using this forum. Plus the quality of the community has been degrading, I feel like hardly anyone here contributes but one or two people. Also, there aren't a whole lot of high level questions or discussions here either.

Raider7
13 Sep 2011, 10:28 AM
Guys, we fight with spam as much as we can. Somehow spammers started to love WDF a lot this week.

FreshpageDesign
21 Sep 2011, 06:06 AM
I'd be happy to help moderate. Sad to see this forum gradually sink beneath the tide of spam.

Do you have a logic question on account sign up? I run a gaming forum just adding the question "what is 2 plus 3" to the account sign up process removed virtually all spam.

Pixel Eden
21 Sep 2011, 06:15 AM
I'll vouch for freshpage and most of the spamming is done through manual sign up auto posting.

MrTeapot
23 Nov 2011, 05:58 PM
I'm contributing as much as I can by reporting anything I see that's against forum rules.

OOT: Just a question.... Is is possible to add a captcha for people to be able to make a post?

bizyglobe
24 Nov 2011, 11:59 AM
Well, I an new in this forum and I think i need a Moderators to guide me which way i have to proceed.

aciullaj
15 Dec 2011, 11:50 AM
That sucks, they should be more active.

sambrown
17 Dec 2011, 08:24 AM
Sounds so good but i know i am not qualified to be one of the mods. I am happy already being a member here and reading and getting ideas from the experts.

MDwebdev85
30 Dec 2011, 09:24 AM
This used to be a good forum to come to. What is going on? Is there any way we can tighten up the rules and crack down on the spam/junk posting that's going on and these forums back to the way they used to be? I haven't seen any new posts from a lot of users that used to frequent these forums......

mprincess
04 Jan 2012, 06:16 AM
I wish to be one of the mod... but looks like i am not yet qualified.

Lechlak
12 Jan 2012, 01:41 PM
I'd be willing to put in an hour a day moderating.

a1digitalmedia
12 Jan 2012, 06:15 PM
Hi there. I would be interested in this opportunity. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

casey
02 May 2012, 06:56 PM
Yea, it seems like this site has very good content as a whole, and indexes very well in Google for web dev forums, but it really needs moderators. With a little bit of work this site could be very awesome once again.

lilyyoung89
01 Jun 2012, 01:38 AM
Rotary kiln (http://www.china-mills.com/p19.html) refers to rotating calcining kiln (also known as rotating kiln), which belongs to materials-building equipment.

Rotary kiln can be divided into metallurgy kiln, chemical engineering kiln, and building material kiln according to its different dealing materials. The building material kiln is mainly used in calcining clinker cement, limestone and porcelain granule. Metallurgy rotary kiln is mainly used for the magnetizing calcining of lean iron ore in iron and steel plant in metallurgy industry, the chromites and josephinite oxidizing calcining , calcining of dewalquite and clinker aggregate and aluminum hydroxide roasting in aluminum factory; Chemical engineering rotary kiln is used in chemical plant for chromium ore and chromium ore powder roasting. The limestone kiln (activity limestone kiln) is used for calcining activity lime and dolomite in iron and steel plant and ferroalloy works.dryer machine:http://www.hx-china.com/15.html
vibrating screen:http://www.hxjqchina.com/product-list_56.html

Rotary kiln is the equipment which is widely used for dealing with solid material mechanically, physically and chemically in building material, metallurgy, chemical, engineering and environment protection industries.

Rotary kilns are used to heat solids to the point where a required chemical reaction takes place. The rotary kiln is basically a rotating inclined cylinder. Solids retention time in the kiln is an important design factor and is set by proper selection of the diameter, length, speed, slope and internals design. There are two basic types of rotary kilns; direct fired and indirect fired.

Henan Hongxing Mining Machinery Co., Ltd g designs and supplies both direct fired and indirect fired rotary kilns for a wide variety of applications. We have supplied over a thousand rotary kilns ranging in size up to 7.6 meters in diameter and 190 meters in length.

Lechlak
01 Jun 2012, 09:00 AM
Delete the spam above. We really need more moderators...

Lechlak
04 Jun 2012, 02:56 PM
I'm volunteering again...I get sick of seeing so much spam. I've dedicated a lot of time here to watch it blow up.

johncrisp
06 Sep 2012, 01:38 PM
Hi,

I am new member. can you define properly.

thanks.

djlebarron
17 Sep 2012, 07:36 PM
Holy Crud... There ARE no moderators at all!
Look at this pitiful spam dumping ground!
Sheesh.

t0iusq
26 Sep 2012, 03:33 AM
I am new member. can you define properly.

thanks.

raulphh
01 Nov 2012, 10:50 AM
im looking for anime about girl and boy get transported to her home world i remember there was a war going on they get seperated at some point in the anime the boy later gets the abilty to summon a sword the story starts at some ruins where the get transported

Barb_WHUK
07 Nov 2012, 08:13 AM
I tried posting you a pm. with regards to the spam that can be seen all across the forum, but it seems your inbox is full and cannot accept messages anymore.

I've joined the forum today and can see that except a few sections most are flooded with irrelevant spam threads. This can actually cause a lot of damage to the site, plus who'd want to post on a site that isn't moderated regularly.

So, a humble request to you, please clean it up at the earliest and offer justice to genuine contributors.

david78
06 Dec 2012, 12:10 PM
Here are not permission to post our thread. I have so many tips for marketing and business.
I moderater give a few time to share something .. then I share my excellent knowledgd........

jonasmarsh621
06 Dec 2012, 06:33 PM
I'm volunteering again...I get sick of seeing so much spam. I've dedicated a lot of time here to watch it blow up.

Please do. There so many spammers here that it is quite sickening.

djlebarron
03 Sep 2016, 05:18 PM
Still no mods? No admins? So this thing chugs on in spite of it all. Interesting.