PDA

View Full Version : Links not working ..

finnbe
03 Nov 2008, 12:31 AM
Hi guys,

I apologise if I haven't explain this very well. If I haven't let me know and I will revise this description..

I chucked an image slideshow / gallery thing on my webpage. It is known as Simpleviewer. It is essentially a flash gallery. It has it's own seperate html file, etc (i.e. it is a whole new page, not something that is pasted in as part of an existing page).

I have edited the html page of this flash image viewer, so that I can still have my contents (or header) section at the top of the page. This contents section essentially just has links to the Homepage, and other places in this site. These links are visible on the edited flash html page.. however they do not work when I click on them. Any suggestions as to why, and how I can fix this?

The flash image viewer has four seperate coding files. A html file, an xml file a swf file and a js file. I have edited the html file to include what I wanted.. I have highlighted the ammendments I made in bold.

If anyone could tell me what I need to edit to make these links work that would be extrememly appreciated.

Code for html file is as followed:

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Image Gallery - Whatever</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">
/* hide from ie on mac \*/
html {
height: 100%;
overflow: hidden;
}

#flashcontent {
}
/* end hide */

body {
margin: 0;
text-align: center;
background-color: #e8dfd8;
color: #000000;
float:center;
padding: 10px;
font-size: 12px;
font: 12px verdana, serif;
}

a {
color:#cccccc;
}

a:link {color: #000000; text-decoration: none;}
a:visited {color: #000000; text-decoration: none;}
a:hover {color: #000000; text-decoration: none;}
a:active {color: #000000; text-decoration: none;}

</style>
</head>
<body>

<div> <a href="home.html">Home</a> |
<a href="about.html">About</a> |
<a href="services.html">My Services</a> |
<a href="contact.html">Contact</a> |
<a href="testimonials.html">Testimonials</a> |
<a href="gallery.html"><B>Gallery</B></a> |
<a href="links.html">Links</a>

</div>

<div id="flashcontent">This gallery requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a

href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a></div>
<script type="text/javascript">

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#e8dfd8");

pingeyeg
03 Nov 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure as to why you are floating the content. Why not just change the margin to margin: 0 auto and place a width? This will center the page. I'm not exactly sure what you are experiencing with it not working, but floating can cause odd things to happen if you don't do it properly. See if changing the margin and and adding a width to the body fixes this issue.