PDA

View Full Version : Parent Frame from nested Safari jscript not working?

sparky
05 Dec 2008, 02:33 PM
Hi,

recently I've tried to sprous up my site a little bit by adding a clock and calender. However I put it into a nested frame from the main menu which is already a frame.

Now I'v had to add my frames code to the index.html page and the menu part of that into another page called index_menu.html.

[...]
<frameset cols="140,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="index_menu.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="Auto" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="leftFrame" />
<frame src="index_home.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
</frameset>

<frameset rows="360,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="menu.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="topFrame" title="topFrame" />
<frame src="digits/clock.html" name="dynFrame" scrolling="No" id="dynFrame" title="dynFrame" />
</frameset>
[...]
for index.html

[...]
<frameset rows="360,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="menu.html" name="topFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="topFrame" title="topFrame" />
<frame src="digits/clock.html" name="dynFrame" scrolling="No" id="dynFrame" title="dynFrame" />
</frameset>
<noframes>
[...]
for index_menu.html.

I did this as a substitute to using this line:

href="javascript:parent:location='index.html'; parent.location='http://gx110.optiplex-networks.com'" target="_parent"

which originally the target=_parent reference was fine however the javascript works well for IE and Firefox browsers but Safari and Konquerer display the page were the menu should be??

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Originally I didn't double up on the framesets but I did this as a work around to the Safari problem. Now Safari works for all pages apart from ones that need access to the parent frame.