PDA

View Full Version : Database Acounts

Call-911
08 Feb 2009, 10:44 PM
Hey guys, this seems like it should be really easy to do. Any tutorials or information on how to do this would be great!

I need a user-login that will then display information specific to that user.

So I need a database with the following information

User name is: johndoe
Password is: password
Address: 123 ABC Street
Phone: (123) 456-7890
Account Balance: $54.00

So I have all this information in an excel spreadsheet, I need to get it into a mySQL database, and then set up on my website a spot where:

johndoe can login, and then be directed to a page where it shows him his information, AND ONLY his information, not anyone else in the database.

Is this easy to do? Can someone show me a way to or software to do this. Thanks!!!

Alan
11 Feb 2009, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, this seems like it should be really easy to do. Any tutorials or information on how to do this would be great!

I need a user-login that will then display information specific to that user.

So I need a database with the following information

User name is: johndoe
Password is: password
Address: 123 ABC Street
Phone: (123) 456-7890
Account Balance: $54.00

So I have all this information in an excel spreadsheet, I need to get it into a mySQL database, and then set up on my website a spot where:

johndoe can login, and then be directed to a page where it shows him his information, AND ONLY his information, not anyone else in the database.

Is this easy to do? Can someone show me a way to or software to do this. Thanks!!!

Well, I don't think it's as easy as you think, if it's a customised job. You would need to export your excel sheet (not an expert on this so won't go into much detail) into a .csv or .xml file or something. You could then create your MySQL database and write a script to import all the details into the DB. You could store the user's id in a session variable to access his data on a certain page. I know this is very vague but if you ask something more specific I'll help ya out.