PDA

View Full Version : Browser puzzle game - IE not playing ball

Tezcatlipoca
20 Feb 2009, 04:53 AM
Ok, so I'm working on writing a browser-based puzzle game in my spare time.
Things seem to be proceding well, and all looks great. However, I've hit a snag which I can't see the solution to, which is where you lovely people come in...

...a few test pages for what should happen can be found here:

http://www.wingedmonkeypress.co.uk/test/index.html

Basically, the whole site should sit inside an IFRAME, which should always sit neatly in the middle of the browser window. The CSS of the IFRAME page (specifically the background) should be white by default, but should automatically change if the player surfs to a page that has a non-white background.

The problem is that the initial test page works perfectly in all browsers, including IE, which is great. The proper pages, however, don't. They work perfectly in all browsers except IE.

To make things more irritating, I wrote the test pages to give you guys an example of what the problem was, then found they worked. This clearly means there is a difference somewhere in the code of the test page to the proper page, but I can't see it!

A second problem is that with the proper pages, IE seems to move the whole site to the upper left after you click to start a new game, whereas all the other broswers (tested on Opera, Chrome, Firefox) leave it in the middle where it should be.

If anyone can please take a look at this and tell me what I'm not seeing, I'd be hugely grateful!

Tezcatlipoca
22 Feb 2009, 03:21 AM
Can anyone hlep with this? I've been through my code a couple of times now, and still can't see what is causing IE - and only IE - to move the site to the upper left and to ignore my code to change the CSS of the IFRAME page to that of the page it contains.