PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Advice

Nimrod EX
26 Mar 2009, 04:39 PM
Right, for a long time now (around 6 months) I have been trying to successfully build a website.
I have Dreamweaver CS4 (I have recently upgraded ) and I've gone through every tutorial and guide I could find on the web (W3schools, Dreamweaver tutorials, and pretty much anything I could get my hands on).

I've asked for advice on lots of different forums...but no matter what people tell me, I just can't seem to do it.
I really want to build a site, and I have some great ideas on what to do...but I just can't seem to code it myself.

So I wanna know what you guys think I should do.
I don't mind paying someone to CODE me the site, but I want to be the one who manages it (naturally), and I'm not sure how much I could manage a site if I don't even know how to build it. (Although I have some basic knowledge of HTML and CSS). Plus, it could be ALOT of trouble getting whoever it is building my site, to build it exactly the way I want it to be.

I've tried templates, but they just don't suit what I have in mind, and modifying them hasn't gone too hot either.

I don't want to give up on the website...I just have no idea how to get things done. (sorry if I sound whiny).

So what would you guys think I should do?