PDA

View Full Version : Rookie- Designed my page in Dreamweaver and am looking to go to Joomla

lancerb
26 Mar 2009, 04:53 PM
We really just cannot afford the full Dreamweaver package and the trial has expired. I tried to download Joomla but it is asking me for a Dreamweaver Code to do so. I believe a CMS is all we would need from this point on. But, I am sure Adobe has traps to stop just such things from happening.

So, now, I cannot even load my site into the host because I did not set the files up in advance. Any suggestions?

I need to know if there is a way I can download Joomla or an alternative without having interference from Dreamweaver?

Are there any other programs I could use?

Thanks,

Lance

alvo
27 Mar 2009, 10:53 AM
Joolma has nothing to do with Dreamweaver or Adobe and doesn't require Dreamweaver or any other Adobe (or other manufacturers products) to use it. You can download it from http://joomla.org for free.

You can upload and edit the HTML files that Dreamweaver produced without having to have Dreamweaver, they're just text files. Any FTP program out there will allow you to put them on a server and you can edit them with a simple text editor, although you'll have to know how to read and write HTML code to do so (it's not that hard).