PDA

View Full Version : IE7 vs Firefox, Opera & Safari. May the battle commence!

riggers
29 Mar 2009, 03:23 PM
When will IE pull their fingers out and get onto the team?!

I've been trying to tweek my Website for weeks now. (On and off)
Granted, I am an Amatuer to this subject so, I can't really spend too much time on 'the soap box' and bad mouth Microsoft since I don't have the experience or knowledge on how to CORRECTLY tweek my website so that it works in IE!

But, it just seems like an unnecessary and pointless waste of time designing and creating a website, only to find that after previewing it in Firefox, Opera & Safari then, to discover it has to be either re-designed or, severley tweeked in order for it to work in IE!

I have, however just downloaded IE8 and my index page looks the same in this version as it does in the other browsers. Well done Microsoft! ......... About time I'd say!
Wouldn't it just be easier if Microsoft automaticly updated everyones IE browser to version 8?
It's hard enough trying to learn this indusrty without all this added grief.

Like I said, I am new to web design and would like to pick up some some useful tips and advice from this web site. Perhaps even make some new online friends!

I hope I didn't come across as too 'harsh' but, I think most of you will understand where I'm coming from.

Thanks all!