PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Forum and Blog?

live4u120
14 Apr 2009, 05:54 AM
Hey guys! This is my first post I guess, my other one must've not worked.

I'm very new to HTML and stuff like that, and I recently created a site, called www.failsafeforums.com, but I'm stuck...

On the blog page of my website, I want to integrate a blog, obviously. And I tried looking up guides on how to do that with WordPress, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do when I'm reading the guides... None of the steps make any sense to me.

On the Forum page, I'd like a forum obviously, but I don't know what application, or mod of an application would do that...

If you guys could help out, that'd be great. Thanks.

limetouch
15 Apr 2009, 08:42 PM
Hey guys! This is my first post I guess, my other one must've not worked.

I'm very new to HTML and stuff like that, and I recently created a site, called www.failsafeforums.com, but I'm stuck...

On the blog page of my website, I want to integrate a blog, obviously. And I tried looking up guides on how to do that with WordPress, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do when I'm reading the guides... None of the steps make any sense to me.

I would assume that you are going to use the self hosted version of WordPress. To install WordPress, you have to download the package and then upload to the directory on your web server. And from there on, you need to follow some instructions. This page on the codex is a good example.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

On the Forum page, I'd like a forum obviously, but I don't know what application, or mod of an application would do that...

If you guys could help out, that'd be great. Thanks.

For forums, you would need to decide which forum software you want to use, paid or free, and then we could proceed from there.