PDA

View Full Version : Html page with div

gauri_agr
16 Apr 2009, 08:52 AM
Hi All,

How can i load an html page with div tag. Its very easy with frame using src. Do you thing a webpage design is easy in fram than using div...I am new so switching back and forth.

My browser does not support iframe...whcih might be the solution for uploading html page with div i guess.

Thanks for viewing my question

-Gauri

peck
16 Apr 2009, 12:33 PM
This is what I read on the htmldog.com tutorial website that I just finished this past week. I really liked the site, and they seem to have some good tips. Regarding how you think you should design your sites... I would say HTML combined with CSS is the good way, and standard way of doing things now. It minimizes the code, and the presentation is flexible. Good all around.

Anway, this following quote was from the "bad tags" section of the INTERMEDIATE HTML tutorial on www.htmldog.com. Hope it helps you out.

Frames

Goldilocks thought it would be a really good idea to help herself to a bowl of porridge but then three large carnivorous mammals showed up and threw her out of a window. Frames are bowls of porridge that belong to bears. They might look nice, but it would be quite perilous to go anywhere near them.

Most web sites do not use frames and in general web users are used to a single document as a page.

But if, for some reason, you want to prevent users adding a specific page to their bookmarks or if you want to prevent them recommending a specific page via email or instant messaging or if you want to add a whole other level of complexity to users with disabilities using screen readers who will need to navigate between frames on top of navigating through a page or if you want to confuse the hell out of search engines, go ahead, use frames.

In general, frames do nothing but add complexity and subtract usability.

If you follow these rules of thumb, you shouldn't go far wrong:

1) If the tag or attribute name even so much as whispers anything suggesting presentation, don't use it. That's CSS's job. And CSS does the job better.

2) Use the tag to do what its name implies. Tables are for tabular data. Headings are for headings. Etcetera etcetera.

3) When you've got specific content, use the appropriate tags. Lists for lists, headings for headings yada yada yada.