PDA

View Full Version : critique my webpage layout please

$ensual
06 May 2009, 11:31 PM
Hello Designers, I came up with a layout for a client of mine, but wanted to put it passed you guys first for some constructive criticism. This is only a jpeg of the design, I figured I'd throw a screenshot sorta first before getting to far into it. My concern is regarding layout, color scheme, and all other graphics that were created for this design. Thanks TONS for your help!!!

http://www.clanremitrom.com/advice.html

Thanks again Designers,
Jason

Timesobserver
09 May 2009, 05:38 PM
I think you got a great layout here $ensual. I really like it. It looks very professional and the end user can easily find what he or she is looking for.

Just two things off the bat that I would suggest. In the flag or header, where it says: professional & current designs ... The bottom line "at an affordable rate" is sort of bleeding into the clouds and it's a bit hard to read.

You might want to move the whole slogan up a few pixels to avoid the clouds or maybe give it a slight stroke.

Another thing I noticed was the Quicklaunch, where there is a "redesign", "case studies" and "locate us". I hardly noticed the upside down reflection for each. (And it could be my monitor. I had to adjust it so I could see them)

The "locate us" I can see pretty well, but I can hardly see the reflections for the "redesign" and the "case studies". The reflection for the "redesign" is underneath the "case studies" and the "case studies" reflection is underneath the "locate us".

I would suggest spreading them a part a bit more and making the reflection for each a bit more noticeable.

But overall, you did a great job! Really good use of colors and design.