PDA

View Full Version : have base target links always open in foreground

ghostbuster
30 May 2009, 01:33 PM
I run a very small (15 page) website for myself. The main page of the site consists of a list of 13 images, called image_list. The image_list page has thumbnail links to 13 individual pages, for each of the 13 images. Each of these 13 links is directed at a base target (_ximages) so the viewer's browser isn't overrun by new windows, but they can still navigate between the image_list and a specific image (_ximage) page.

My problem is with Firefox and is as follows: opening a given link in the image_list window will load a new window/tab, with _ximage target, and the first time, that new window/tab will come to focus and be in the foreground. However, if the viewer goes back to the image_list window and clicks another link, that link will open in the same _ximage window/tab but will remain in the background.
Another way to say it is that if window _ximage is open, and one clicks a link on image_list to load a page, _ximage window will remain in the background (at least in Firefox).
(In Safari this is not a problem; if _ximage window/tab is open, it will still come to the foreground whenever the page reloads)

Is there any way to have the links to the _ximage target always load in the foreground in Firefox ?