PDA

View Full Version : Mouseover a link, and change image in a separate cell?

goat
08 Jun 2009, 11:19 AM
hello, all! im new to the forum and web development in general and have been slowly getting my feet wet in html and css. been reading a few books as well as dissecting the web site ive been given the job of maintaining (i did not design or have any part in it, it used to be contracted out ), as my primary job is network administrator for this company im at. i found your site thru google and hope to learn a lot here, and help out as well :)

my question, if you would be so kind to help me with it, involves figuring out how to make it so where, when someone hovers over a link in a list on the left hand side of the page, and have a picture in a separate cell on the right hand side of the page change. i can supply a picture of the site and any code necessary.

thank you so much and i hope to meet a lot of cool folks here :)

Wickham
09 Jun 2009, 02:04 AM
You can use a hoverpopup as item 1 here
http://www.wickham43.net/hoverpopups.php
the code uses divs but when you say "cell" I assume that you are using a table; my code may work with a table but I haven't tested.
You can have a normal image in a div over on the right of a page and then position the popup's left and top positions to show over the top. See the paragraph below item 2 starting "The style in the stylesheet has a standard offset for width and height.........."