PDA

View Full Version : forms website

aaronv
23 Jun 2009, 02:22 AM
Hi, I am looking top have a web-site about forms. The premis is to have a website that host about 10 forms. What i am looking for is the basics in programming or all the programming whatever someone might know that i can learn from.
I want a person to come to my website, pick out a form and pay for it. i want to know what type of programming is this .vb php ..? I need to save it to a database ect...then they are given a refrence #. When they give that refernce number to their employee the employee comes to our website enters the refrence number and is given the form to fill out. after the employee fills out the form it is saved and emailed to the employer.

What would any of these steps intail. If you know please give me a ring or respond to this post.

Thank you, aaron

[email address removed]

[Mod Edit - Contact details must not be posted. Please use the private messaging system and forum email feature provided.]

dmcleary
23 Jun 2009, 11:28 AM
Aaron,

The technical side is relatively straightforward and a simple PHP and MySQL setup will get you what you want.

However, I find it hard not to query your business model ... why would someone pay to submit data through your site? What are you planning to do with the data once you've stored/emailed it to add value?

Bearing in mind that a company can set up a web form for their own use for a few pounds/dollars via a web developer there needs to be some value that you're adding.

I just don't want you to waste your time pursuing something that's not going to net you anything!

Good luck anyway.

Regards,

David