PDA

View Full Version : Scroll boxes and positioning content...PLEASE help!!!

AllegroRitmico
30 Jun 2009, 11:58 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm relatively new to learning CSS, but I feel like because my interest in it is so high, I won't have any problem spending time practicing, hopefully with the help I may receive from some of you.

So here's the big problem:
On my MySpace profile, as a training course designed for myself, I decided that I'd try and make it completely custom and, of course, aesthetically pleasing at the same time.

I decided to go for a layout that you wouldn't have to scroll the page to view it's entirety. Which of course means that with all the headers, footers and ads that MySpace comes hand in hand with, we're talking about some seriously limited space. I decided that I would not display a great number of the extra information that was available to display, and I left only my comments, my default picture, and a small area reserved for the "About Me" section.

I would have been using scroll boxes to place the details and comments in, except I have no idea how to get it to work. I can't find any information on this anywhere, so I resort to posting a cry for help on this forum.

Attached are two screenshots of my dilemma with information to match.
Please take a look at them and see if you could help me.
I know it can be done, I just can't figure out how to order it all.

Thanks so much for your time.
Sorry to be such a dull burden.

But I figure not asking for help could be considered "dull" even more so.

Regards,
Gerald

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/jay8793/screen1.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/jay8793/screen2.jpg

*UPDATE*
..I think I might have bit off more than I can chew this time around.
I have deleted whatever codes were present and started over.
If you know how to solve this problem, please feel free to post a reply.
The knowledge is just as useful to me as it was before, and likewise, will be just as greatly appreciated.