PDA

View Full Version : Foreign character displaying from godaddy webhosting mysql database

ketanco
01 Jul 2009, 05:57 AM
Hello,

I have web hosting with godaddy. I added another domain to my hosting account, but I am planning to make that new web page in a foreign language with soe different character letters of course. For just a static html page, the foreign letters are displayed correctly. However, when I try to update mysql database with foreign characters it didnt display them correctly. Even when updating the database it enters foreign characters wrong. Then I went into phpmyadmin of the database and tried all sorts of things such as changing the collation of the columns to foreign characters or changing the whole database connection collation to foreign character. On top of that, as the web form updating did not enter characters properly, I even manually pasted the correct form of characters into the table in phpmyadmin. Still the website can not display the correct characters from the table. I talked to godaddy and other than advising to change to connection collation, they said they can not hlep further and it is a scripting issue, and they said there are many foreign websites hosted with them. They said I should modify scripting in an htaccess file and they support that file type. Can anyone advise how to do that?