PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of Site control and Design

MarketPT
14 Jul 2009, 10:58 PM
Hi,

This may be a very basic question but I need to know this ASAP.

If a site has been built by one designer on his workstation, and the site has been launched and is now "live", how could I transfer the site over to another designer to continue developing and adding to it if they did not originally build it?

Can the site be copied from the server and the new designer can start working on it, or do I have to first get all the info off the main workstation it was created on ( I.E. images, content etc ) and then load it to the new system where the designer will be working on it?

This is unfortunate but I have a designer that has gone loopy and I need to protect the site and it's content as well as transfer control and rely on them to continue building it as we need.

Is this possible, and how do I protect the site and the contents, as well as give the new designer what they need?

Thanks for your help!

WebDizajnSajter
15 Jul 2009, 04:34 PM
MarketPT,

Only you have to do is to contact hosting company of your web site and they will give you new data of your web site. In that way when you get changed data from hosting provider company, loopy web designer will not have access to your web site.

New data look something like this: ftp login administrator, ftp password administrator. They know everything, don’t worry, it’s very easy and safe, and at the end, you should nothing to transfer.