PDA

View Full Version : How to save CSS?StyleSheet in Database ?

FarhanBajwa
22 Jul 2009, 07:29 AM
Hi,

Is there any way to store CSS settings and classes into a database. I have a css file describing styles for whole website.
I want to give user an option, to modify styles (background color, font, table header font, etc.) of thier own choices (at run-time). When user selects from the given options and hit save, then these values store in the database, so that when user visits the website next time then customized styles (theme) should be displayed on the web pages rather than default styles.
I know this can be done by using cookies (through javascript) but the problem arises when user visits the website after deleting private data of browser. In this way, again default styles applies to all web pages.
Also, I am using Java (Wicket framework).

Is there any way to make css file dynamic (using variables in css file), or to save css classes (styles) into database ?

Thanks,
Farhan.

ZartworkDesigns
23 Jul 2009, 07:29 AM
I know this is definitely possible, im just not exactly sure how to do it, I ran across a tutorial a while back. If you google, load separate style sheets, you should come up with something