PDA

View Full Version : How is a webpage like this made?

Wes
23 Jul 2009, 05:57 PM
I really want to learn more in web development, but im not sure where i should be spending my time learning. I have been making css based websites for about 6 months now, but i have a client who wants to create a more in depth website.
here is a link of the kind of thing he wants.
http://www.condosurrey.com

The idea is this website has a backend that allows the user to go in and fill in a templated website, they fill in a form and upload the pics and it creates what you see when you click on a featured listing. (the pics and bedrooms, bathrooms etc. ) Also the front page grabs those featured listings at random (i think) incase it gets over a certian amount it can display, and takes random turns (not sure about the random part but would like that.) it also seems to track and get related listings (if you click on the featured buildings) some of this info it pulled form the realestate board, (which we are working on) im just wondering how a website like this is made?
1) it has a backend
2)Has dynamic content
3) maybe has some database it uses of some sort?

I really want to learn this stuff, but maybe its too much for one man to learn?
I have been trying to make something like this in Joomla! (the CMS) but now im not sure that it capable of it. ive been hard at it for over 2 weeks.

I was hopeing someone could point me in the direction of what i need to learn/do to create more in depth websites. Also i would like to make a website you need to login to and then you are allowed to see more content and track listings you look at etc. I dove into this project because i want to learn, but im starting to get lost, and am wondering where i need to point to figure this out.

is_numeric
25 Jul 2009, 08:17 AM
if you want to progress into the world of PHP then contact me via a PM

This is probably your next step