PDA

View Full Version : PHP/MySQL problem

gilbertsavier
04 Aug 2009, 04:41 AM
Hi

I have just had a site transferred to me that has [Removed false authorship of website: this is a joke I assume, no such authorship exists in the real world, techAdmin] - and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why it will not properly connect to the MySQL database.
I have done many before - so it is not likely to be a just basic error.

When selecting on the search button bottom left I end up with the following message:

"Error en la Base de Datos al ejecutar
select * from fichas where
tipo=''
and precio>= and precio<= and terretam <= and casatam <= order by puntos descYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and precio<= and terretam <= and casatam <= order by puntos desc' at line 3"

The site is [link] - my server "experts" have tried everything and confess to being "flumoxxed !!

Bizarrely - the images that have downloaded (and there are a number genuinely missing) - show in Opera and Firefox - but not in IE !!

--------------------------
Thanks & regards
Lokananth
Live Chat Software (http://www.mioot.com) By miOOt

is_numeric
04 Aug 2009, 12:46 PM
your SQL is not being parsed properly

you are missing the variable values..

it should read {not knowing what the values are supposed to be ive made them up}

select * from fichas where tipo='50' and precio>='10' and precio<='20'

I dont know how or why the query is failing but the example above might help you in debugging