PDA

View Full Version : What Web Design Company?

JJ03
12 Aug 2009, 04:41 AM
Sorry if this is not the correct section to post this in.

I am wondering what is the best e-commerce company to have a website designed from. I have tried Volusion but after hearing about how they jack bandwidth and traffic stats sky high just to bring in more money, I'm reconsidering using them. They also charge $30
($360 a year) a month for hosting where as other web design companies charge $10 year.

I took a look at HIT web design but there are a large amount of negative reviews about them across the internet. These may not be true but I'm not going to take my chance paying $600 just to have the website take 6 months to design while paying hosting fees the enitre time. I also heard that they lie about flat rate hosting and jack the rates up to $39+ a month for bandwidth usage. I'm not willing to risk that for 6 months of charging either.

I got a friend who can design me an above average web page for $300 - $400 using photoshop, and it would take about a month of on and off work, but I've already got him building me a website right now.

Basically I'm asking what web design company can I go to for a quick turn around (1 month or so), integrated shopping cart, crisp professional design (not looking for flashy animation), and good rates (no bs $30 a month hosting along with jacked bandwidth fees). I'm not willing to pay more than $550 for a non animated website that should have hosting for only $10 a year.

I'de appreciate anyone who can help.

Lab860
12 Aug 2009, 08:05 PM
Google a local web design company, someone local is good you can sit with them put your ideas out on the table and hash any problems out instead of back and forth with emails and phone tag...