PDA

View Full Version : Need Major CSS Help

Dreams
16 Aug 2009, 08:49 PM
All I do is really simple CSS, and like many others, I've made the mistake of making sure it looks pretty in IE without making sure it works in FF first. So this has left me with 2 1/2 websites with non-working CSS.

For the first two style sheets I'm going to post, the websites are not responding to them at all in Firefox. Can you tell me what errors I have in them so I can get them working?

a.pics:link { text-decoration:none; color:#9966ff }
a.pics:visited { text-decoration:none; color:#9966ff }
a.pics:hover { color: #9966ff ; text-transform: none; height:0; filter:blur(add=false,direction="120",strength="4") ; Cursor:crosshair; }
a.pics:active { text-decoration:none; color:#9966ff }

a.text:link { text-decoration: underline; color:#663300 }
a.text:visited { text-decoration: underline; color:#663300 }
a.text:hover { text-decoration: none; color:#000000; background-color:#99ff00; cursor:crosshair }
a.text:active { text-decoration: underline; color:#663300 }

BODY
{ background: #33cc33;
background-image: url(bg.jpg);
margin-top: 0;
font-family: verdana;
color: #000000;
font-size: 12px;
scrollbar-face-color:#33cc33;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#000000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#33cc33;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#33cc33;
scrollbar-track-color:#33cc33;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000; }

td
{ font-family: verdana;
font-size: 12px; }

And the second one:

a:link {text-decoration: underline; color:#663300}
a:visited {text-decoration: underline; color:#663300}
a:active {text-decoration: underline; color:#663300}
a:hover {text-decoration: none; color:#000000; background-color:#99ff00; cursor:crosshair}

ul {
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
margin-left: 20px;
}

BODY {
background: #ffcc33;
background-image: url(bg.jpg);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
margin-top: 30;
margin-left: 40;
margin-right: 40;

scrollbar-face-color:#ffcc33;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#000000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#ffcc33;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#ffcc33;
scrollbar-track-color:#ffcc33;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;
}

td {
}

td.charts {
border:1px solid #000000 border-width:thin;
}

(And yeah, I know that the scrollbar and blur attributes only work in IE, but nothing is working in FF whatsoever.) :<

For the third one in question... this one baffles me. Some pages are responding to the stylesheet, while others aren't, and the pages are practically copies of one another. You can see the difference here (these pages are linked outside of their frames):

working page (http://www.dreamwatersprings.com/animelody/anime/m.htm)
non-working page (http://www.dreamwatersprings.com/animelody/anime/d.htm)

Everything on the websites is uniformly linked with <LINK REL=stylesheet HREF="style.css" TYPE="text/css"> (etc), I've made sure there are no spelling errors, and that everything is in the proper directory.

If you're willing to help and need more information or whatever, just let me know. I really need help and appreciate any suggestions you can give me.

blot
21 Aug 2009, 12:51 AM
For the third one in question... Page D is returning the CSS as Chinese Possibly a cache issue, I am not too familiar with Drupal(I think that is what you are using anyhow) but it seems as though the CSS is probably cached by either your scripting or your server setup...

As far as the CSS itself not working in firefox, I am not sure as there is not much to go on as they seem to be the same in both IE and Firefox aside from the scrollbar etc... White Pages With A bunch of links?