PDA

View Full Version : Question about Google AJAX Slide Show

Raven DT
23 Aug 2009, 11:59 AM
I'm currently building a website for a friend who wants to have a sequence of four small slide shows on the front page that cycle through details of her artwork. I've been trying to use the Google AJAX slide show for this, but since I don't really know much about java I've been having a couple of problems.

1) I can't figure out how to get four (or for that matter, more than one) slide show on the page. At least, not if I want them to all have different images. According to the programming guide (http://www.google.com/uds/solutions/slideshow/reference.html) this should be possible, but no explanation of how is given.

2) Once I have multiple slide shows, I'd like to stagger their start time so that they advance to the next frame in order, not all at the same time. Assuming this is possible, anyway.

3) Should I be using something other than the Google AJAX slide show? I haven't seen anything else which offers the sort of clean, professional look I'm going for, but if there is one I'd love to know about it.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring this kind of thing out on my own, but I don't know much about Java and nothing I've tried works so far. I'm stumped and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.