PDA

View Full Version : Sport-News-website. Rookie!

Kate
24 Aug 2009, 09:36 AM
Hi all!I am rookie in web developing so I decided to post here in order to get some help from you guys!I have to create a news website(dynamic).This is a project for my University.

The project has 2 parts:

1)At first I should create a website with tables, frames, links, images, map-images. Javascript should be used in order to make the fonts change color, or change images etc(make it dynamic).

The articles for the categories should be saved in a database (MySQL).From the database the site will extract and show the articles using PHP.

2)Then there should be an html form through which an administrator (username & password) could update, delete,add articles.There should be 2 buttons (reset and submit).By pressing reset the form comes back to its default form and by clicking submit a javascript should check if all the fields of the form are correct(if they are then a php program should run in order to save the new article to the database, if not then a relevant message should appear, like "please insert a title for the article!").

+++I am thinking of making a sport news website with categories like basketball, soccer, tennis etc. When you click a category a page with the titles of latest articles (by date) should open(maybe also a picture for every article).Then you can click to the title that interests you and read the whole article. Every article should have a date, a title, a picture and the text of the article.I will use Dreamweaver and MySQL.I am rookie at both of them so I will need your help.(We learned some basics of HTML,Javascript,CSS during the lessons).

The problem is I haven't done this before so I don't know where to start. I believe making the database should be the first step. I guess I should make a table for every category of sport with the fields: ID, Title, Date, Article and Image. Is that correct?Something like the code that mager1794 wrote in here http://www.webdevforums.com/showthread.php?t=31730+++

If you could guide me through the site development I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!!!:)