PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat Support

sickethunder
11 Sep 2009, 12:24 PM
I run a local computer repair business and I want to add a Live Chat feature to my web site so potential clients can talk to me before setting up appointments.

I have found various free chat programs which would let me chat with clients as long as I'm logged in, but as my company is a one-man operation, I really need to find something that will allow me to chat with them on the go.

I used to work with someone who had a free chat feature on her site which would send her a text message whenever someone entered the chat room. Basically the client would enter their question, then would see the message "Please wait for the technician to connect". At that point a text message would be sent to her phone allowing her to find a nearby computer, connect, and chat with the client.

Her company is no longer around, and her web site has since been shut down. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for the service/applet she used, but I can't find any that will send me a text when someone enters the chat room.

The closest thing I could find was WebsiteAlive.com which allows you to chat directly from your smartphone. This kind of service would be acceptable as well as the text to let me know someone is in the room. The only problem is that they require a monthly subscription.

I wouldn't mind paying for a one-time software purchase, but I'm trying to avoid any monthly subscriptions as I'll be hosting the service from my own site.

Does anyone know of such a free chat service? Or even a one-time pay piece of software that can do the same thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

-Mike

is_numeric
15 Sep 2009, 01:25 AM
i use this for my site

http://www.volusion.com/livechat_software.asp

its free