PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with something on my page please !

dangermouse
13 Sep 2009, 09:41 PM
I created a css menu and put the code into index.html the css drop down menu works fine in FF however when i view it in IE the menu shows but the drop downs dont work.

I have tried lots of things and cant figure it out, something i did find thou is that when i set the doctype to XHTML it somehow gets around the problem and shows the menu properly in both IE and FF but i cannot leave this option because now my page is not validating properly with W3C Validation, so i have to set the doctype to HTML 4.01 transitional.

Another interesting fact is that when i start a new project and just put the menu code by itself the menu works FINE in both IE and FF and with HTML 4.01 doctype so the code DOES WORK.

It must be something small that is cause my menu not to work properly. Something else on the index file that is breaking the code from working properly and this is were i would like some assistance, please take a look at the source code for the index.html file and please help me diagnoise this problem.

Thanks very much in advance.

Site: http://tinyurl.com/mra9mt

gandalf117
15 Sep 2009, 10:57 AM
Only one dropdown menu opened, the one under solutions in both FF and IE. It was a huge dropdown though and hierarchical one, too.

Nice work! Seems that you have solved the problem, because your site opens the same way in FF and IE 6.0 from my computer. It's a very nice and professional looking site.

Your CSS looks looks like a total mess though :) You have both internal and external CSS and it just all over the place. Why don't you put everything into external CSS files? What server-side scripting language did you use?