PDA

View Full Version : Precise site stats

ketanco
22 Sep 2009, 08:21 AM
Hello,
To measure the performance of my site I am using free services such as google analytics and statcounter.com. However, I still can not see where exactly all the unique visitors are coming from. I can see some of them, but not all.
For instance,
1-I have forwarded some of my other domains to my website. I can not see which forwarded domain is bringing how many visitors.
2-My traffic increased a little lately. However I can not see where great majority of them are coming from. And it is unlikely that all of them just type my website into their browser and come like that.

Can anyone advise how to know precisely where all of your unique visitors are coming from? Item 1 is also important for me to know as I have a lot of domains forwarded to my website as well. (The strange thing is for item 1, I keep seeing only one forwarded domain only in the stats of statcounter but nothing else and it is impossible that nothing else is working, so why only one forwarded domain is visible but others not?

Bottom line: if I have 200 unique visitors a day, I would like to know precisely which links thsoe 200 people are following or which forwarded domains are bringing them or which ones are just typing my website address directly. Please advise. WHat should I use (preferably a free one, but to get this intel I am also willling to pay a little too if it really works)