PDA

View Full Version : Linking Three Databases

S1naps1s
23 Sep 2009, 02:56 PM
I have two different applications running and will be adding a third shortly, I want to use the same MySQL database for all three, I am running phpBB, Piwigo, and will be adding a shopping cart application. I am by no means proficient or even close to proficient with php or SQL, so I was wondering what I could do to make a front end user login, that would log the user into all three accounts. So they can sign up for an account when they go to my url and then it essentially duplicates their information into all of the databases. Basically I want that or something that will in tun give me the same result. I am sure there is a way to do this, but as I said, I am no programmer! Thanks for your help!

Alan
24 Sep 2009, 06:46 AM
You would need to create an interface that would connect to all three applications. I wouldn't suggest directly manipulating the database tables unless you really know what your at. Considering you have the source code, it should be very doable.
Make a list of all the required and optional fields of all the registration and login forms and create a script to pass these variables into the registration and login scripts of each application. You may need to change the post variable names to suit each app but its not impossible. You will need to have some knowledge of a server side language.