PDA

View Full Version : Best way to achive a creative Resume in word .

flowerpower
07 Oct 2009, 04:06 PM
Hello :wave:

My very 1st post of many, I think .

I am in my 1st year of college course in web design and am applying for my 1st part time job in the industry .

The job is for a part time media assistant in the PR department of a large company .(just uploading images )

In these economic times I think they are going to have lots of applicants and I want to STAND OUT !

My question what's the best way to create an error free creative word document resume using the cs3 suite as they wont accept an on-line portfolio or .pdf document only a word document .

When I try and transfer html files into word it goes out of alignment and looks really messy .

Should I just brush up on my word skills ? and try and create a resume using it ?

Very basic question I know but I am just a newbie wanting to learn .

Thanks

Corrosive
08 Oct 2009, 01:16 AM
Should I just brush up on my word skills ? and try and create a resume using it ?

Yes, use a word processor (Word) to create your resume if it does not need to be or can't be online. You know a good trick that I was taught. Print your resume on slightly off white paper. Not noticeably off white and avoid different colours but, in a pile of white CVs, if yours is subtly different it will stand out.

Good luck with finding a job :)