PDA

View Full Version : how to Get homepage to automatically navigate people to the frameset

Randall_Flagg
13 Oct 2009, 04:14 AM
I currently have a homepage at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.randall.flagg/

It basically consists of a main page with menu and a self resizing IFrame (using a piece of javascript) and all of the other web pages on my site are displayed within the iframe.

My problem is that Google has listed the main page with the IFrame, and all of the other web pages that belong in the IFRame in its index so that if you select a page that's not the main page, you just get the text that belongs in the main page IFrame.

Is there any way to make it so that what ever page from my website that you select on google, it will automatically first load up the main page with IFrame and then stick the page you selected in the iframe.

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Edit: 15:00 Tues 9th Oct 09

Have found a bit of script that if a page is accessed that should be in a frame, redirects the page to the frameset, but doesn't then display the info you were after in the frame...Not explaining myself very well!

say my initial page is "index.html" which is a frameset and in the frame it displays "news.html" which is how you would find the site if you first accessed it.....If i go onto google and search for my page and get a list of all the pages, and i select "cats.html" it used to just display the cats.html without the frameset. I've added some javascript so that when "cats.html" is displayed it checks whether it's being displayed in a frame, if it's not it redirects the page to "index.html" which is the frameset, but it doesn't then display "cats.html" in the frame, it displays "news.html". I think that's a better explanation.......Hmmmm

Anyway what I'm trying to achieve is that after you select "cats.html" and the browser realises it should be in a frame, it redirects to index.html but instead of then displaying news.html, it will automatically display cats.html.

Does anyone know of a way of doing this please!

Edit: 16:11 Tues 9th Oct 09

Ah it seems i can't without making a separate frameset document for each frame to be displayed....which kind of defeats the purpose of using an iframe in my eyes....Never mind!!