PDA

View Full Version : book db access

motl3y
17 Oct 2009, 08:45 AM
Hi,
I'm planning to create a book exchange site. It's basically allowing member to post books and exchange it with other members. A member has a collection of books on his 'bookshelves' and a 'wishlist' of books that he wishes to read. He can also write a review or discuss books. Pretty standard stuff for this type of sites.

Since it allows to search a book by its title, author, or ISBN (to give user the full book information), it needs access to massive book database to get this information. One good site for an example is: www.paperbackswap.com
I think that Amazon's Product Advertising API service can do the job. Or maybe Google with its Book API service. If you guys think that either service is sufficient (or not) or know if there're others that might do the job, I really appreciate a comment.

Thank's in advace,
motl3y

AlexGrim
23 Oct 2009, 08:15 PM
Well it is not bad, but it is a bit busy, and you need more space between elements. Also your menu layout is broken. You windows developers do that all the time. Make your font size 1px smaller to fix it.