PDA

View Full Version : Background sounds

abu117
19 Oct 2009, 12:36 AM
Hi everyone - a new member here. Learning as I go along - lately really enjoying css.

I have a client who is wanting to play an mp3 while visitors are at his site. (Testing server is here: http://www.buwalda.ca/hl. As you can see, I have used an swf file on this page and it works ok. Problem is that when you go to another page the sound cuts off. This would really be pointless if the music re-started on each page load.

So, my question is: Anyone have any ideas of how to include a background sound that would continue to play while the visitor remains on the site, no matter which page?

Thanks all,

Abe

is_numeric
19 Oct 2009, 01:51 AM
the only way really is a frame or create the site in flash

3 things though

frames are bad! Not to good for SEO and there is a risk that one of the child pages get indexed above the parent

Flash is not very SEO friendly. Flash is lovely when done properly but the average joe site always looks terrible.

Music on a site is very 90's. You shouldnt put music on a site without the functionality to control it like switching the darn thing off.

I would create a flash player on the front page which remembers the users selection.. I wouldn't have it playing on every page though.